Indoor Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You can convert bsp to static meshes in the editor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Go to geometry mode and select the face of your BSP brush and you can edit it like moving,rotating, and scaling.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The problem I have is the BSP can't be edited (i.e. scaled, rotated or moved) - is this correct? The only way I've been able to alter them is by subtracting them - like an eraser in paint.
    You can line up static meshes accurately by going into their properties and manually editing their location settings x,y,z.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cause I'm trying to make a simple hallway with doorways, but I can't get the static meshes to line up correctly...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use both static mesh and BSP brush. I use the BSP brush for thing's like wall ect, but maybe I will replace them later since i heard BSP brush are memory consuming.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Building simple shapes with BSP is fine, but for detailed parts you better use static meshes. Try to create modular meshes so that you can reuse them, it saves you a lot of time and provides much more flexibility compared to BSP. Meshes have a long list of advantages compared to BSP. I personally only use BSP for Block-outs and really simple stuff.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Indoor Level

Indoor Level

Would it be better to create an indoor level like a hallway with BSPs or Static meshes?

I would think BSPs would be easier because Static Meshes you have to build them all separately or get a lot of unnecessary polygons

But people say Static Meshes increase performance and have less bugs or something
Working...
X