Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kismet And Stuff

Hi!

The first thing I'm trying to do is have a trigger which causes damage to a static mesh which will make it fall from the sky. As my level stands, if I shoot a ball I have up in the air it falls, I need it to fall when I press a button.

Now, I've tried searching around for a tutorial on pressing a button to cause damage, but they all seem to be like "walk on this platform and a light will switch on!". This is pretty much my first time using UDK so I don't know enough to adapt stuff very much.

Later on I'm hoping to press a button which will cause an explosion, sending items flying everywhere. Will this be possible? If so, will it be easy enough for a noob to do?

After that I want to create a low gravity room. Again, is it possible and can a noob do it?

Any response is appreciated!

You could use a trigger to set the physics mode.

Not sure about items flying everywhere, but you could perhaps trigger a force in kismet. I know you can trigger a particle effect for the explosion. You could use multiple physx mesh emitters and have the parts actually be part of the cascade simulation instead of worring about separate objects. Though if the objects are to be static fist, you might have to change the physics mode on them, then apply a force. I believe there is a volume for it? Not sure.

Gravity room is just a gravity volume placed in the room. I believe you can toggle it on adn off in kismet by trigger.

A button is merely a use trigger placed in front of an actual button mesh. The trigger is a dummy helper object that doesn't render in game, but shows a sprite in the editor. Just add a trigger, keep it selected adn go to kismet, right click and choose new event using trigger and pick the "use" type.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitpawz View Post
      A button is merely a use trigger placed in front of an actual button mesh. The trigger is a dummy helper object that doesn't render in game, but shows a sprite in the editor. Just add a trigger, keep it selected adn go to kismet, right click and choose new event using trigger and pick the "use" type.
      Hey, thanks for the response!

Yeah I've gotten as far as placing the trigger and then in Kismet choosing "new even using trigger_1" or whatever, but then I don't know what to do in order for that to cause the ball to fall

Thanks for the advice on the other stuff. I think I saw a tutorial somewhere during my searches which explained how to make it so if you shoot a barrel it explodes, think I'll do that for ease instead of worrying about Kismet etc.

Comment

Working...
      X