Disable Light Shafts per object?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disable Light Shafts per object?

I'm working on an exterior map and I've got some nice light shafts coming from the skymap, but I've also got some lights that you can see when you look that direction and therefore they have light shafts too which looks terrible, is it possible somehow to make it so an object can't create light shafts even if it's got an emissive texture?

Light shafts are a post process effect. It would be technically feasible, but would create a whole new RTT, and would require source code.

Check your brightness values on the other lights or emissive material on your objects. If they are too high, they will send out a ridiculous glow with the light rays.

Comment

Well, the stuff that's generating light rays are lights, which are supposed to be bright

I've got it where there's a nice sunset and some light rays coming from the skydome, but if you look that direction you can also see some lights (stadium light type things) and those will send out a streak of white just because they're bright, but they shouldn't be sending out rays. The issue is that light shafts just get applied to the HDR of the whole image, like bloom

Comment

Provided the luma of your lamps is lower than the luma of the sun you could alter the lower threshold the lightshaft considers for rays so it ignores the lamps?

Comment

Working...
        X