Egyptian Materials???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egyptian Materials???

Hi, I need some pyramid materials for a pyramid inside and outside, so the tiling/blocks on the outside and some type of inside, I need for the inside I need some type of material that has hierglyphics for the column and I need some material for the floor, walls, and ceiling. I have looked on CGtextures but I hadn't found anything so if you could point me in the right direction that would be alot of help. Thank you

Google works great, try these : Egyptian textures

Comment

What you could do is find a decent brick texture, then photoshop the hieroglyphs in yourself.

Comment

Alright I'll try but what size picture should i use, also I should make it .tga not bitmap right?

Comment

Originally posted by BloodBrothers View Post
          Alright I'll try but what size picture should i use
          Depends on the size of the object.

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
            Depends on the size of the object.
            Its x=97 y=97 z=510, its a column, so roughly 3ftx3ftx17ft

Comment

As a general rule of thumb, always make your source texture as large as possible - my preference 2048 x 2048 with a dpi of at least 300. The reason being that you can always scale down, but it's a major problem scaling up without the texture getting distorted. Also, I save mine out as .png as they have no compression, but retain the alpha channel.

Right, with the technobabble out of the way... Egyptian Pyramids were built from lime/sand stone, so what I would do is google for sandstone images, then crop them to a nice power of 2 number, make the texture tilable and then add the hieroglyphics as a separate layer. I'm sure you can find reference on actual egyptian hieroglypics on google.

Comment

Also, www.cgtextures.com is very useful for finding textures, however they have a download limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevah View Post
                  Also, www.cgtextures.com is very useful for finding textures, however they have a download limit.
                  Already checked, look in my post, but thanks anyways

Comment

Working...
                  X