I have a thought that It's impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Haha, thanks for the help, but no boats in this particular part of the game, though I will need to put a speedboat in at some point.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    To simulate a ship's movement over an ocean swell, perhaps use a car skeleton (with invisible wheels) and tweak the spring settings.

Apart from that, not sure.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic I have a thought that It's impossible

I have a thought that It's impossible

I am needing to create an ocean world for my game, at least a couple miles big. I have seen water in Unreal games and it doesn't have the right look for the open sea. I am not concerned with the look of under water just the surface concerns me. You know, the average mildly windy mid ocean day, with crisp one and a half foot high wave crests here and there, not too shiny or soft looking. I am just a beginner, but I've got skill. Please show me the way oh programming masters.

The other thing I was wanting to do, was have volumetric dynamic water physics but has a feeling this is way not possible. I threw the idea out a while back, but I know it's gonna seriously bother me if I don't at least give it a trying, so can anyone suggest some cheap tricks to make it appear like my game has cool water physics?
Working...
X