Collision Problems need help Please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thank you unchecking the boxes like Team13 said worked like a charm. Thank you. I cant wait to start working and building this game im actually finished writing the book about 3 months ago not published) but anyway thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ^^
    Just realized that.
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You're not forced to use squares you know, you can modify the builder brush to be tunnel-shaped as long as you keep it convex.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very good idea legend, but unfortunatly I don't think you would be able to enter the object due to the collision as xxmig asked, very good thought though.
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can also use BSP brushes to make the collision and bake that into the model. From Hourences:

BSP collision
    It is possible to use the shape of the red builder brush as collision model. This allows you to create quite complex collision models without the need of creating those in an external application.
    To assign the shape of the brush to the model, place the brush where you want the collision to be, and select both the brush as the model and rightclick them. Select Save Brush As Collision to assign it.

Hope this helped.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Or you could try...
    Go into static mesh properties (double click on mesh in content browser) (you should now see the static mesh on the left and a list of options on the right)
    On the tool bar, click collision, auto convex collision, hit ok

After that's done, scroll down the properties on the right, at the bottom should be "Simple Box, Simple Line Collision". Uncheck those two boxes.
    You should be done
    Hope this helps
    Team13

Leave a comment:

• replied
    how do i do custom collision in 3ds max?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1. make a custom collision for your mesh in your graphics program.

or

2. enable per poly (per polygon) collision

You can look these up using the advanced search function in the forum.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Collision Problems need help Please :)

Collision Problems need help Please :)

Hello,im trying to make a sewer scene,so i make a tube in 3ds max,and i import it into UDK.Now since i want to be able to walk in the tube,if i put the collision it blocks the entrance and i dont know how to add collision to the tube so i can enter but not fall out through the sides. Basically i want the ends to be open but the other to have collision.Any help will be appreciated. Thank You in advance.
Working...
X