Sculpting map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sculpting map?

so earlier today, i saw that someone had posted a few screen shots of their map and it was a hellish looking theme with lava and stuff. and they had these bridges and walkways and unique buildings. thing is is that the person had said it was done with already supplied stuff. but i cant figure out how they made the walkways and whatnot. im still at the noob point where my rooms are still the basic boxes and stuff. if anyone can help me with that part, it would be greatly helpful.

ps. if this was you that made those levels, im sry i didnt quote u by name as i cant remember who exactly made it.

You have to model the stuff in a 3d modeling program Blender, 3dsmax, Maya etc.... Using BSP isn't very sufficient.

Comment

I think you can come up with something pretty nice visually with the default assets.

By using the provided meshes and materials, perhaps mixing them a bit and changing values, combining BSP and some terrain editor, yeah i think you may get something visually nice.

But of course, you´re limited to a certain point. You´ll need your own meshes sooner or later if you want to make something serious.

Im just learning the UDK stuff though, therefore my opinion is based on what ive seen so far. Take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
      X