Matinee Key Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi there. Yes, right now I just have the Matinee playing to the end of its timeline. Once there, it exits (and Cinematic Mode is disabled). Ideally, I want the Matinee to loop indefinitely until the player clicks the Left Mouse Button (I already have a Scaleform overlay that will give the appropriate instructions to the player when the Matinee is playing).

The LMB function is already assigned to primary and in addition to that I have done the standard thing of toggling on Cinematic Mode when the Matinee plays to Disable Player Input. So don't know how to detect the Left Mouse Button press to tell Kismet to quit the Matinee.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't you just toggle Stop on the matinee? Otherwise add in a Bool condition in the loop, so every time it loops it first checks whether or not the Bool is True, if its False it just continues looping, if its True it stops and returns control to the player.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Matinee Key Input

Matinee Key Input

Hi folks,

Seem to recall a relatively simple way to bind a key press in Kismet to manually quit out of a looping Matinee sequence (that I've since forgotten). What I want to do is allow the player to activate a remote security camera view. The camera is run off a simple looping Matinee but right now there's no way to "back out" of it to resume regular player control.

Any pointers on how to fix this would be sweet.
    Thank you!

RCM
Working...
X