light ray tutorials?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light ray tutorials?

I've been look through youtube for one but couldnt find any other than one that is so blurred you cant tell what he was doin=p...... anybody know a good one some where?

I am unsure what tutorial you are referring too, but enabling light shafts in the UDK is relatively easy in the new builds. Just open your light actor properties(point light, Dominant Directional, Spotlight movable, etc). Expand the light, light component, light shafts, and check "Render Light Shafts"(may differ slightly for the various actors) and then there are all the various options for you to play with under the light shafts sections.

Oh, and for some light actors like point light I find that you need to check "Force Dynamic Light" on the properties to make the light shafts appear.

Comment

yes I learned about that after I asked this... but I was talking about light rings...like if you look at the sun you have that blurred ring that shows... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdUgUtfr1q0
      this is the best I can find on what I was thinking of...you can see it a little in this; its when he looks at the sun you can kinda see that light ring from looking at it...I didnt know you could do light shafts with any lights other than directionals though thanks for that =]

Comment

you can see it at 0:07, and 0:30 a little

Comment

It's called lens flare.

While there is no particular functions you can "activate" to achieve such an effect, there are objects already in UDK that you can place in the scene.

Just search for flare.

Comment

ok thank you both for the help and sorry for not knowing the actual name and making this harder than it could have been =p

Comment

Working...
            X