Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setting up a rigid body to fall when it's supports are shot out

Hey,

I'm trying to set up a game mechanic where you can shoot out the supports on a platform and it will drop, with some more rigidbodies on top that would fall down onto enemies.

However being set up on top of a fractured mesh the rigid body doesn't react when the fractured mesh is destroyed.

I'm thinking this might be the case that the collision mesh from the complete model is still there despite being shot to pieces. Is this likely to be the case?

Also is there a way to fix this or to destroy the model when it is shot?

go to the rigid body's properties, set "Wake on level start" to true, also check your fractured mesh's setup, normally the collision of the mesh stays, but it's possible to have each part have own collision so things can fall through holes, but atm idk who to make this...i got it through luck

Comment

Thanks, i'll give that a shot

Comment

Yeah, tried messing around with it and no joy. You can get the collision mesh to ignore the player but not other collisions.

From looking at stuff on the net and around here it looks like it's the Physx Destructibles feature that was removed in September that would have allowed this, so I think the Kismet bit is the way to cheat it for now.

Comment

Working...
        X