My First Map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Well I have not figures out either of them but I have already made some improvements to the map, and this map was a way of figureing out the engine, which I am still attempting at learning, but since I'm 15 I don't have alot of time to work on it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i think its quite a good map
    but is it just somethin 2 run around in or do u plan on having a death match in it?

and did u figure out how to make rain/fog?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK i will for sure try thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good work mate, you could definitely work on the lighting, scale down the ground texture, randomise the scale and direction of the grass meshes and perhaps throw in some random objects around to fill the level up.
    Have fun :0)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok I will go ahead and try it out but do you know how to make decent rain and fog, I tried fog but it looked terrible.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What i usually do is find a nice sky panoramic image that i like, you can find some good ones at http://www.cgtextures.com/

Then i bring the pic into photoshop (you can use Gimp as well) and use the polar coordinates filter to make it spherical, then i change the image size to something large like 2048x2048, save it as a .bmp, import it into the content browser, create a new material from it, and drag it on to one of the already made skydome meshes.

hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BloodBrothers View Post
    Iwas going use the cloudy sky dome when I get the rain and fog, but how do you make your own domes?
    What you do is make a sphere mesh in your modeling software of choice (full sphere or half is fine to) and create a sky material, and apply that sky material to the sphere mesh. Then of course surround the viewing part of your level with the sphere, like you already did with the default UDK one you used to make the sky.

There are some blank sphere meshes available for practice in the UDK content browser (search for sky dome, dome or sphere) so you can give it a try Also look at the sky materials already created by Epic, to see how too make one with moving clouds, etc.

And if you don't have any modeling software, check out Blender (http://www.blender.org/) it's free, and it is really easy to make simple stuff like a sphere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Iwas going use the cloudy sky dome when I get the rain and fog, but how do you make your own domes?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, i'm not really crazy about the sky, maybe change it from the udk provided to something that matches the lighting a bit more, it just feels like the wrong time of day...i hope that makes sense! Especially if you add rain/fog, you may want less sun!

Keep it up!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic My First Map

My First Map

I have just created my first map its not impressive but I thought I would show it off, please tell me what I need to change, add, or take out. On that subject though I am going to add some rain, and fog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJleMnZX_DY
Working...
X