PhysX/Apex Destructables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PhysX/Apex Destructables

So a quick synopsis of my game to explain my issue. Making a game called Castle Wars, you control a cannon that shoots Rigid Body cannon balls at castle walls. First I used rigid body walls they would fall over all good. Now I want to blow chunks out of the walls on impact. So I created fractured mesh to my surprise they don't interact with RigidBodies. After some research I found out about PhysX Destructables and tried this. Only to realize my version of UDK was bugged and would crash upon creating one. So I got the latest release and again to my surprise PhysX Destructables have been gotten rid of. In place of them is this new Apex Destructable system. So my question is how do I implement this new Apex system. I have googled and found information on what the system does, but no information on how to implement this system. Any help greatly appreciated thank you.

Unfortunatly Apex hasn't been releases yet, it's in place in udk for when it is released though.

Your other option might be to use a version of UDK that isn't bugged with your previous problem of crashing with Physx and still has the Physx system in place not Apex.

Hope this Helps
    Team13

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I figured as much. Hopefuly NVidia will release the tools needed soon. Mind as well wait for them instead of using old technology.

Comment

Working...
      X