Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3ds max VS udk lightmap

Hi guys,,
    I'm beginner in UDK but advanced in 3ds max, I completed 3d game level and i want export it to UDK, but first i want ask a question:
    what is the best quality result .. baking lightmap in 3ds max or UDK ?
    I hope some advices ...

You can probably get a better result quality wise doing it using tools in 3dsmax, as there are some fairly sophisticated lighting solvers available. Doing it in UDK may however result in lighting that is more efficient when running the game.

The choice is entirely yours.

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
      The choice is entirely yours.
      but if it is your choice which one you will choose 3ds max or UDk ?

Comment

I would personally use UDK. 3ds Max lighting is a complete pain compared to lighting it in UDK (where you can run around in the camera view and hold L then click somewhere to place a light.)

This is somewhat subjective, though. 3ds Max can really do some "artistic" looking things with lighting, so you if you are very familiar with the program you might want to do that.

Real-time reflections and shaders would of course have to be built in UDK.

Comment

Use a little bit of both if your really confident in your knowledge of baking lighting from Max to the UDK. Otherwise I would stick with the UDK lighting, it's a quicker process, less painful, and ultimately gives you the results you want if your willing to experiment with it enough.

Comment

Working...
          X