Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotation input for Kismet 'Set Actor Location'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotation input for Kismet 'Set Actor Location'?

hi, Im trying to set an interp actors rotation with the 'Set Actor Location' action in kismet but it doesnt seem to be reading anything from the vector i attach 'rotation' input link.

What am i missing here?

I would like to know this as well...

Comment

You need to have a rotator, not vector. but It seems there is no rotator variable in kizmet.
      I don't know the thing whether there is another way or not.

I'm sorry that I can't give you a centain answer.

Comment

@antisoft: This isn´t right I guess...but I managed to get to affect the rotation.

In the Set Location in Kismet:

- In location, I put a vector with the same coordinates as in editor (I don´t want my object to move) - this to prevent the actor to jump of to some other location (probably 0,0,0...dunno).

- The I put a vector into the Rotation slot. What I found out is that every degree in the actor properties panel (F4) is 182 in the Kismet. So, if I want the object to rotate 5 degrees, I set it to 910.

As I said early on - this is probably not the right way to do it...but it does something for me right now anyway...

Comment

The values of the vector components need to be in Unreal Rotator units, which go from 0 to 65536 instead of 0 to 360 for degrees.

Comment

Aha. Thanx for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
            X