Automated lighting problem after rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I replaced the toggle light with a normal PointLight and set the brightness to 0 and connected it all up, it works in editor testing but then fails to work after rebuilding the lighting. I tried the dynamic channel checked and unchecked. By normal light did you mean PointLight?

EDIT: I changed the matinee that was changing the 0-1 value and switch it to a toggle automation instead. This solved the problem for me but still unsure and puzzled as to why the 0-1 value changin technique won't work. I watched it done on the UDK tutorials video from the site under Cinematic_006_LightActor_LightSound video.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can't use toggle lights unless you only want them to turn on-and-off. If you want to be able to have values inbetween 0 and 1, then you need to use a normal light that is dynamic.

At the moment, it sounds like your light is only affecting dynamic objects (the player and weapon and dynamic geometry), this is because it's a dynamic light (it has variable brightness) and is only affecting static channels.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Automated lighting problem after rebuild

Automated lighting problem after rebuild

I'm making an alarm system of flashing red lights that set off on a trigger. They are already enabled and have their brightness set to 0 and animate the brightness up and down from 0 to 1 but these toggleable lights don't seem to show after I rebuild lighting. I can see the lights showing on the character's gun and on InterpActors around the scene but not onto my static messes.

I've checked the lighting channels and they all have Static turned on on the meshes and static turned on on the lights. All other lights work in the level except for these automated ones. If I turn the lights to BSP then work in the editor and in testing in the editor but after I rebuild lighting they go back to only showing as flashing on the character's gun and on InterpActors. I'm using UDK for a project at Uni that needs to be handed in by Friday (10.12.2010). I'm thinking I've missed just one small thing but I can't find out what it is. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated.
Working...
X