Matinee Key frames keep changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee Key frames keep changing

Every time I make my matinee sequence I save my level then when I go to play it in game the key points are completely off. Anybody have any ideas why?

I had this same issue with certain emitters spawning at particular times, they spawned just fine when watching it via matinee but when launching the game they fell off que, and spawned at slightly different times.

The only way I managed to somewhat fix this was by changing the playback rate of the matinee to about .95 which gave me a pretty close representation of whats shown while viewing it in matinee.

If anyone finds a better way to by pass this, I would love to know aswell.

Comment

No idea if it would help but in kismet when the matinee is selected there is a force start frame that you can tick.

Comment

Originally posted by dave42UK View Post
        No idea if it would help but in kismet when the matinee is selected there is a force start frame that you can tick.
        Nice suggestion but I'm afraid this wont work, you see the matinee playback time plays at a completely different speed then it does ingame. If you were to set a force start position you would fall off que even more so.

So far the only way I've found to compensate for the stretched time while ingame is by setting the playback rate to .95 and then back to 1 whenever I'm editing in matinee. This is a horrible solution though as its not entirely precise to whats seen in matinee.

I have no idea why matinee works this way, I just know that it does. You can easily test this by setting up a timer whether in the real world or via a script you made, and then playing your triggered lights or emitters at certain times. Things you'll notice are, the time in matinee will be spot on, but once switching to ingame they will have fallen off que due to the matinee sequence being sped up ingame.

It's as if the sequence is not running at a fixed rate equel to the games world time.

Comment

Working...
        X