Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - New to UDK

Hey,

I recently downloaded UDK for a project some mates of mine are working on. I'm EXTREMELY new to UDK e.g. first use. I watched a short intro video on youtube of how to make something very simple just to get started. I followed the video but then got stuck. I right clicked the cube brush and entered the dimensions but when the shape appeared and i pressed CSG Add it didn't work, i was still left with the outline of the shape. I don't think i did anything or changed anything.

Thanks for any advice you can give me and i'm sorry for being an inconvienience.

you have to build geometry after adding a brush.top row,tenth button from the right.

Comment

you may be in subtractive more instead of additive mode. go file> new, and choose additive!!!

Comment

You may also be in brush wireframe mode. Switch to Unlit on the perspective (3D) viewport's toolbar to be able to actually see the thing you just created in full. It's the button pointed out here:

http://goo.gl/4pHFV

I highly suggest you watch the 3D Buzz tutorials on the Video Tutorials page starting with the User Interface videos first.

Comment

Originally posted by jay.avery View Post
          you may be in subtractive more instead of additive mode. go file> new, and choose additive!!!
          There is no subtractive mode anymore.

Comment

Thanks, i'll try those in a minute. I'm downloading the tutorial vids so i'll watch them once they're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
              There is no subtractive mode anymore.
              I know that there isnt anymore, but maybe pwnedYou isnt using the latest version?

Comment

Working...
              X