X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cinematic Input?

Hello peeps,

I am making a informative simulation.
    at the moment it works with button's to activate a camera that shows the information.

My problem here is that it works for 4 seconds at the moment with a matinee.
    i know how to lengthen the time but i actually want to sort of freeze the time and then let the player be able to press a button to continue.

Ps. I use UDK Nov 2010, if that information would come in handy, since there is no UI scenes with this version.

You can add an event track to your matinee where you wanna pause the movie, link that event to the Pause of matinee.

Comment

I tried to link the Event1 to Pause in the same Matinee it didnt work, but the log did work.

[Edit] it does pause the cinematic, but i have no input to it because of the toggle cinematic mode wich i am planning to use.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not sure now what you mean. If you hook the event to pause it should pause it and if you hit play again it should play further.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
          Sorry, I'm not sure now what you mean. If you hook the event to pause it should pause it and if you hit play again it should play further.
          sorry if its my english, it gets it to a infinit loop that I can't quit by hitting a key or mousebutton. I hoped there was some sort of event or action in the Kismet that would alow me to be using a key to unpause it.

I hope this will make it a bit more understandable =)

Comment

Ok, Well, to un-pause it you would have to use a trigger. If you have a "Used" trigger already there, which you do in your screen shot, you should be able to keep using it even in Cinematic Mode. As long as your trigger is set to trigger count "0" or at least enough count to accomplish the full effect you want with pauses and play resume.

So, if you enable cinematic mode as soon as you play the matinee, then you will be in place to keep using that same trigger. The use button still works even in cinematic mode.

To get out of cinematic mode at the end of it, just disable it through the "Completed" link on the matinee sequence. So when it's through, you can resume game play.

Not sure if that's what you're after but, I know the pauses and stuff works so unless I'm missing something about what you're trying to accomplish, this should work all as I described it.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
              So, if you enable cinematic mode as soon as you play the matinee, then you will be in place to keep using that same trigger. The use button still works even in cinematic mode.

To get out of cinematic mode at the end of it, just disable it through the "Completed" link on the matinee sequence. So when it's through, you can resume game play.
              It works thank you very much ^^ this is what I wanted indeed

Comment

Working...
              X