Lighting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    W-Himself try downloading the simple level tutorial on this site, Just go to Documentation at the top bar.
    Under essential readings go to video tutorials and scroll down to the 3d Buzz tutorials. You have to download them but there EXTREMELY helpful and cover a lot of things. (pretty much everything u need to create a level)
    Hope this helps

-The UnicornKidd

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah watch the 3dBuzz tuts or find some around youtube they will solve your problems these are extremely basic and just to answer your question the way to fix the path problem is by building paths next to the build lighting button.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Seriously though, start by watching the video-tutorials, they help get you started.
    If you did watch them, you probably wouldn't have needed to ask those questions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's not an answer, that's just a random sentence that doesn't solve this problem

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Start with video tutorials.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nevermind, fixed that! Had to turn off a checkbox with something about 'Build Lightmass'? Well, I've got another problem now. Once I've builded all and want to play my level, my player falls down from a certain heigth, dies, and a message at the left of my screen says: PATHS NEED TO BE REBUILT
    Anyone got an answer for that?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Try build all in brand new empty level. Does it still give you that message? Is Swarm firing?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, that works great. Now only the lighting problem left

Leave a comment:

• replied
    KillZ is in WorldInfo-ZoneInfo. Set the value in -Z at which point you want your player to die.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Lighting help

Lighting help

Hi! I'm W-Himself, and I've just been started with UDK. I tried to make my first level with this tutorial, but I'm experiencing a problem. Once I press Build All from the build menu, the loading screen pops up, but after a few seconds it says: "The maps lighting needs rebuilt"
    I don't know what to do, could anybody help me?
    Hope to hear the answer soon!
    Greet,
    W-Himself
Working...
X