Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Normalize brushes?

Hi!

As you can see on the picture above I'm working on a lighthouse. The problem is that the edges stick out very clearly. I could rebuild the lighthouse and increase the number of sides - though that would do no real difference. Instead there would be a lot of smaller edges. Also, to build the house in Maya is not an option at the moment.

It gets better when I move lightsources away from the lighthouse but still not perfect.
    Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks!

It's a mesh or a bsp ?
    Try a mesh imported with fbx with the option "explicit normal".

Comment

That's the issue - it's a bsp.
      The best thing would be to make it in Maya instead but we don't really have to time to make that - unless there is no way to solve it with bsp.

Comment

it takes like two seconds? make a cylinder do a boolean subtract for the window and thats basically it. BSP cant be smoothed, its been like that since UE 1

Comment

You could try converting the bsp brush to static mesh in the editor but I think it separates the verts (same as having no smooth group) so you'll probably have the same problem.

Like the agent says though doing it in a modeling program is pretty quick... there are free ones out there.

Comment

Working...
          X