X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foliage in november udk

Actually i make a game where i use a grass on terrain. Like here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQKWgNiCGeQ

Unfortunately, the function of grass on terrain is disappeared in October and November versions. There is not any slot for objects on terrain. How can i put a lot of grass in november udk version ?

Look forward for answer

Turn on "Static Mesh Mode" in editor, keep Alt+S and start clicking one by one to put grass or rocks or whatever in your map.

And yes, it's as exciting as it sounds. No idea whether Epic is planning to add doodad painting like there is terrain texture painting in the future..

Comment

Lol NikSha, that'd be a waste of time, how about using deco layers as they can do exactly what foliage layers did with more control.

http://www.hourences.com/tutorials-decofoliage/

Comment

I was under the impression Decolaters had also been removed?

If so, you're better off staying in a pre-October build.

Comment

Not to my knowing, though i haven't checked, i'm still in the september build as i don't want to have the hassle to port code over till right the last month or if something worthwhile comes along.

If someone could check, that'd be great as I didn't see any logs about deco layers getting removed.

Comment

No deco layers are not removed.

Comment

how about using deco layers as they can do exactly what foliage layers did with more control.
              Decolayers are pretty average. Mainly because you're limited to the quads on your terrain (so if you have a low-res terrain, you can never paint where you want, even if you pump the density right up), and the culling is tied to the terrain so it can get very expensive. Foliage also has thinning, shrinking, align to surface bias... (though shrinking can be achieved using worldpositionoffset in the material).

I think you really just have to wait until they finish the foliage part of the new landscape system... maybe it'll come with the December build if we're lucky... or use the September UDK.

Comment

Working...
              X