Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by |*BILLY$CLINT*| View Post
    I have not worked with the shader that long and have actually not encountered that issue yet. Is there a model that you have that is doing this that I could take a look at? For all of my testing I have been using the ninja head from ATi's Render Monkey source and that mesh does not have any issues with distance based tessellation.
    There is a trick: you should use ObjectWorldPosition instead of WorldPosition and you will avoid tears. However UV seams are still in 'da house.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
    Is there a fix for seams caused by distance based tessellation?
    I have not worked with the shader that long and have actually not encountered that issue yet. Is there a model that you have that is doing this that I could take a look at? For all of my testing I have been using the ninja head from ATi's Render Monkey source and that mesh does not have any issues with distance based tessellation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by |*BILLY$CLINT*| View Post
    Here is a moded .UC file that will do this for you...

http://www.badongo.com/file/25204384

All you need to do with the file is copy it over the Materials.UC file to the following location..

C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Engine\Classes\

Once you copy the file over run the editor. When your start the editor it will ask you to re-compile the scripts which is normal.

Here is a basic tessellation shader setup that I have been working with. I have been working on getting the distance based tessellation to work and have been working on getting displacement maps to work better.

As always if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know...Enjoy...
    Is there a fix for seams caused by distance based tessellation?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is a moded .UC file that will do this for you...

http://www.badongo.com/file/25204384

All you need to do with the file is copy it over the Materials.UC file to the following location..

C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Engine\Classes\

Once you copy the file over run the editor. When your start the editor it will ask you to re-compile the scripts which is normal.

Here is a basic tessellation shader setup that I have been working with. I have been working on getting the distance based tessellation to work and getting displacement maps to work better.

As always if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know...Enjoy...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by freek3d View Post
    can someone please post some screens of UDK in DX11? does it look better?
    (and if possible some screens nad or opinions on the new terrain tools?)
    i can't get started on them right now as my PC is broken (working on a crappy old laptop now) and I am curious :S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can someone please post some screens of UDK in DX11? does it look better?
    (and if possible some screens nad or opinions on the new terrain tools?)
    i can't get started on them right now as my PC is broken (working on a crappy old laptop now) and I am curious :S

Leave a comment:

• replied
    "Originally Posted by glra2222 View Post
    AllowD3D11=True doesn't work because it is a bug.
    Go into Development\Src\Engine\Classes\Material.uc
    Search for D3D11
    and get rid of <bShowOnlyWhenTrue=bShowD3D11Properties> on anything D3D11 related. This should enable subsurface scattering as well and all other dx11 effects.

enjoy!"
    Wow, just wow. XD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by glra2222 View Post
    Search for D3D11
    and get rid of <bShowOnlyWhenTrue=bShowD3D11Properties> on anything D3D11 related. This should enable subsurface scattering as well and all other dx11 effects.

enjoy!"
    You are the man solved the problem !!! thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by glra2222 View Post
    Search for D3D11

enjoy!"
    Thank You very much

Leave a comment:

• replied
    btw, does collision detection work on the actual deformed part of the surface?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ba5nanas View Post
    i don't know but I enable directX 11 ,UDK show directX 11 but don't has tessellation in Editor
    Search for D3D11

enjoy!"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i don't know but I enable directX 11 ,UDK show directX 11 but don't has tessellation in Editor

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fdslk View Post
    I don't get this, why should we use the november release if march it is suppossed to use the DX11 functions? Is there any other way to get it to work?
    It's not intended to be that way. The properties you need to set to enable and control these features are not exposed. It's a bug we are aware of and is being fixed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fdslk View Post
    I don't get this, why should we use the november release if march it is suppossed to use the DX11 functions? Is there any other way to get it to work?
    I found out that you can go and edit the Material.UC script and remove any instances of the allow=d3d11 stuff. I used the november build to enable tessellation before I found out about it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
    constant 2 vector to the TessellationFactor node, 5,5 is what I used. But you need to go into the november build and turn on the dx11 tessellation mode to pntriangles and save the package to load in the march build.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X