Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tessellation Factors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Originally posted by ba5nanas View Post
    i don't know but I enable directX 11 ,UDK show directX 11 but don't has tessellation in Editor
    "Originally Posted by glra2222 View Post
    AllowD3D11=True doesn't work because it is a bug.
    Go into Development\Src\Engine\Classes\Material.uc
    Search for D3D11
    and get rid of <bShowOnlyWhenTrue=bShowD3D11Properties> on anything D3D11 related. This should enable subsurface scattering as well and all other dx11 effects.

    enjoy!"

    Comment


      #47
      btw, does collision detection work on the actual deformed part of the surface?

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by glra2222 View Post
        "Originally Posted by glra2222 View Post
        AllowD3D11=True doesn't work because it is a bug.
        Go into Development\Src\Engine\Classes\Material.uc
        Search for D3D11
        and get rid of <bShowOnlyWhenTrue=bShowD3D11Properties> on anything D3D11 related. This should enable subsurface scattering as well and all other dx11 effects.

        enjoy!"
        Thank You very much

        Comment


          #49
          Originally posted by glra2222 View Post
          "Originally Posted by glra2222 View Post
          AllowD3D11=True doesn't work because it is a bug.
          Go into Development\Src\Engine\Classes\Material.uc
          Search for D3D11
          and get rid of <bShowOnlyWhenTrue=bShowD3D11Properties> on anything D3D11 related. This should enable subsurface scattering as well and all other dx11 effects.

          enjoy!"
          You are the man solved the problem !!! thx

          Comment


            #50
            "Originally Posted by glra2222 View Post
            AllowD3D11=True doesn't work because it is a bug.
            Go into Development\Src\Engine\Classes\Material.uc
            Search for D3D11
            and get rid of <bShowOnlyWhenTrue=bShowD3D11Properties> on anything D3D11 related. This should enable subsurface scattering as well and all other dx11 effects.

            enjoy!"
            Wow, just wow. XD

            Comment


              #51
              can someone please post some screens of UDK in DX11? does it look better?
              (and if possible some screens nad or opinions on the new terrain tools?)
              i can't get started on them right now as my PC is broken (working on a crappy old laptop now) and I am curious :S

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by freek3d View Post
                can someone please post some screens of UDK in DX11? does it look better?
                (and if possible some screens nad or opinions on the new terrain tools?)
                i can't get started on them right now as my PC is broken (working on a crappy old laptop now) and I am curious :S

                Comment


                  #53
                  Here is a moded .UC file that will do this for you...

                  http://www.badongo.com/file/25204384

                  All you need to do with the file is copy it over the Materials.UC file to the following location..

                  C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Engine\Classes\

                  Once you copy the file over run the editor. When your start the editor it will ask you to re-compile the scripts which is normal.

                  Here is a basic tessellation shader setup that I have been working with. I have been working on getting the distance based tessellation to work and getting displacement maps to work better.





                  As always if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know...Enjoy...

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by |*BILLY$CLINT*| View Post
                    Here is a moded .UC file that will do this for you...

                    http://www.badongo.com/file/25204384

                    All you need to do with the file is copy it over the Materials.UC file to the following location..

                    C:\UDK\UDK-2011-03\Development\Src\Engine\Classes\

                    Once you copy the file over run the editor. When your start the editor it will ask you to re-compile the scripts which is normal.

                    Here is a basic tessellation shader setup that I have been working with. I have been working on getting the distance based tessellation to work and have been working on getting displacement maps to work better.



                    As always if you have any questions or suggestions please let me know...Enjoy...
                    Is there a fix for seams caused by distance based tessellation?

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
                      Is there a fix for seams caused by distance based tessellation?
                      I have not worked with the shader that long and have actually not encountered that issue yet. Is there a model that you have that is doing this that I could take a look at? For all of my testing I have been using the ninja head from ATi's Render Monkey source and that mesh does not have any issues with distance based tessellation.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by |*BILLY$CLINT*| View Post
                        I have not worked with the shader that long and have actually not encountered that issue yet. Is there a model that you have that is doing this that I could take a look at? For all of my testing I have been using the ninja head from ATi's Render Monkey source and that mesh does not have any issues with distance based tessellation.
                        There is a trick: you should use ObjectWorldPosition instead of WorldPosition and you will avoid tears. However UV seams are still in 'da house.)

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X