Tessellation Factors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
    Great, but the only thing is that in the march build you cannot set material flags to use tessellation, so you have to do it in the november build and reimport into the march one for it to work. At least for me, anyway.
    Yep it works but there is not smoothing with the tessellation. All it does at the moment is makes the mesh denser.

Obviously I am missing something but I don't know what.

Comment

Originally posted by geniusprime View Post
      Yep it works but there is not smoothing with the tessellation. All it does at the moment is makes the mesh denser.

Obviously I am missing something but I don't know what.
      Works fine for me, use pntriangles if you want a smoothed mesh.

Comment

Just wondering if you could post a screenshot of the material setup for the tessellation?

Comment

Originally posted by pulse0o0 View Post
          Just wondering if you could post a screenshot of the material setup for the tessellation?
          constant 2 vector to the TessellationFactor node, 5,5 is what I used. But you need to go into the november build and turn on the dx11 tessellation mode to pntriangles and save the package to load in the march build.

Comment

Alright then.
            EDIT: If I were to copy over a material from the November beta could I copy over a single material and simply create duplicates and rename it and change it, would it keep the tessellation properties?

Comment

Alright then.
              EDIT: If I were to copy over a material from the November beta could I copy over a single material and simply create duplicates and rename it and change it, would it keep the tessellation properties?
              Yep. You should make a master base material and then use material instances for everything, it's a lot better at conserving memory and it's easier to enforce mass shader stuff on.

Comment

I am trying to get this to work but it just isn't, it tessellates but doesn't cause any bump just performance cost with no detail gain.

Comment

I am trying to get this to work but it just isn't, it tessellates but doesn't cause any bump just performance cost with no detail gain.
                  Well you need to assign a heightmap and tweak it a bit.

Comment

I have no idea where to put the heightmap.

Comment

I have no idea where to put the heightmap.
                      World displacement map.

Comment

When I put the heightmap into the World Displacement all it does is move the entire sphere so i'm obviously missing something.
                        EDIT: Nevermind I fixed it.
                        Well sort of I got it to "Displace" but it is in no way following the heightmap I applied.
                        EDIT again: Nvm I just had to increase the tessellation factors.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend286 View Post
                          constant 2 vector to the TessellationFactor node, 5,5 is what I used. But you need to go into the november build and turn on the dx11 tessellation mode to pntriangles and save the package to load in the march build.
                          I don't get this, why should we use the november release if march it is suppossed to use the DX11 functions? Is there any other way to get it to work?

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                            I don't get this, why should we use the november release if march it is suppossed to use the DX11 functions? Is there any other way to get it to work?
                            I found out that you can go and edit the Material.UC script and remove any instances of the allow=d3d11 stuff. I used the november build to enable tessellation before I found out about it.

Comment

Originally posted by fdslk View Post
                              It's not intended to be that way. The properties you need to set to enable and control these features are not exposed. It's a bug we are aware of and is being fixed.

Comment

i don't know but I enable directX 11 ,UDK show directX 11 but don't has tessellation in Editor

Comment

Working...
                                X