Material Tessellation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Material Tessellation

I was looking around the new November beta and I saw this feature in the material editor. It now has this connection on the main node and it says tessellation factor and it has a drop down box that says D3D11 and under it, it has 3 options No tessellation, Flat tessellation, and PNTriangles. Since this feature just came I didn't think many people would know what to do with it but I am trying to find anything on the UDN about it but have so far had no luck.

UDK->Engine->Config->BaseEngine.ini
    Enable DX11
    D3D11 = True
    This seems to increase my FPS exponentially on my SM5 card and I can place many more materials on the terrain.

Comment

Does it allow tesselation as in directx11 movies ?
      With alot of detail and such ... ???

Comment

I am not sure haven't been able to test the tessellation as the documentation on it isn't out yet but I would assume you can get a lot of detail with tessellation just at a high performance cost.

Comment

I guess u are right about not being able to find documentation about it.
          I been looking all over last night and nothing on Displacement and Tessellation Factors input nodes.

But it might be that they are just preparing the materials for future updates.

Very interesting stuff anyway.

Comment

As far as I know this isn't the case as a moderator told me what goes into the node which he said was a R and G vector but there has to be more to the setup than that but if docs don't come out with this release hope they'll be here this month.

Comment

It might just be that it's not finished. Something as cool as tessellation will surely not come fully functioning undocumented. At least, DX11 tessellation, not "subdivide a surface" tessellation.

Comment

Working...
              X