Very Little Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very Little Problem

When i create a custom brush shape in geometry mode, say a rectangular prism, and i try to translate 1 corner point, the XYZ slider is at crazy angles, instead of XYZ, making moving the point to the desired position impossible.

I'm guessing they're relative to the center of the brush, and i need to change a setting somewhere, any ideas?

Originally posted by Candlejack View Post
    When i create a custom brush shape in geometry mode, say a rectangular prism, and i try to translate 1 corner point, the XYZ slider is at crazy angles, instead of XYZ, making moving the point to the desired position impossible.

I'm guessing they're relative to the center of the brush, and i need to change a setting somewhere, any ideas?
    Make sure your Reference Coordinate System is in World mode and NOT Local. Located at the second top tool bar.

Comment

could be the local/world coordinates you have switched.

They are located along the top in a pull down. Set to "world" the slider *should* always be xyz based on the world.

Obviously "local" is xyz based on the local objects coordinates (ie. it might have been rotated)

Comment

That fixed it, thanks guys!

Comment

Another tip, instead of constantly switching the tab.
          You could just press ~ that's the hotkey to switch it. It's located next to 1 on the keyboard
          Team13

Comment

Working...
          X