How do I make a working Jump Pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make a working Jump Pad?

I have tried looking at UDN documentation about this and it really doesn't tell me how to make a Jump Pad work. I can put one in the level just fine, but unless I have a destination, it won't work at all. I have tried many different ways to set the destination, but nothing works. I know it's something to do with PathNodes, but it only gives me the option to find something in the content browser, that for which, no PathNodes exist. How do I set the destination so I can get the Jump Pad to work?

Ok fairly simple. Go to actor classes Navigation point UT Jump pad. Then place that where you want. Then right click- add actor- path node. Then go into the path node options- click f4 when Path Node is selected. Then copy the name, then go into the jump pad options and paste the name into target. Rebuild paths.
    I'm doing this off the top of my head, so if you have anymore problems, post again
    Team13

Comment

I'd be interested if anyone knows how to setup jumppad behavior without using the UTJumpPad. I'm looking for basic physics behavior that would send the pawn flying in a similar manner, but without the UT3 style jumppad mesh model, particles, and sound effects.

Either that, or someone explain how to swap those assets out I need a jumppad that isnt from the future!

Comment

Working...
      X