how to? a simple camera fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to? a simple camera fly

Hi everybody, i'm Stefano, an italian 3d modeller.

I'm new to UDK, but I fall in love with this sw very quickly.
    I must help a friend and his medical association, and I should build a small city in a natural enviroment where they can fly through, and when near enough to some specific building, show a form with its features.

So I need an help, and the biggest is :

how to create ONLY a camera conducted by the user, without character, weapon, hud and sound effetcs from the character.
    I want to run the game and fly in the enviroment, nothing else.
    Have I to modify udkinput.ini and ohter initial files, create a cameraactor, a console action, what's the correct method?
    If you could help me, it would be very appreciated and Sorry for my bad english!

Hi Everybody,

Some suggestion about my problem?
    Completely exclude the character player and use just a camera guided by the user (maybe parented to an invisible cube for navigation and interaction with triggers).

Comment

Here a link to tutorial

http://unreales.forumcommunity.net/?t=41371207

Comment

thank you very much raxell,
        the fly command in the console in kismet doesn't work and I don't know why, but it gives me other ideas.
        Typing "fly" in the console during the play is quite a solution, and with the slomo command I can adjust the velocity.
        It's not exactly what I want, the right way should be to "fly" as the level starts, but for now it's good trick.
        Every other suggestion is well accepted! :-)

Comment

You should add a Level loaded in kismet and connect it to the console command.

Comment

Thanks numb22 for the answer.

The FLY and SLOMO solution from in game console doesn't work very well, the particles of smoke and other things speeds up also.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7473/kismet.jpg

This is the link to my kismet asset. Even connecting directly EVENT LOADED with CONSOLE COMMAND it doesn't work.
            Can you see where is the problem? Thanks so much.

Comment

Try a player spawned (new event --> player -- player spawned) and connect it to the console command. That should work.

Comment

Thank you very much numb22, now it works!
                Ok, now I'll keep on develop my project!

Comment

no problem.

Comment

Ok, now the big problem is the velocity of the player.
                    In defaultinput.ini I use a

.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="causeevent SpeedUp | OnRelease DontSpeedUp")

command.
                    Then in kismet I used a console event waiting for a "SpeedUp" event connected to a console command with a "slomo 10" applied, and the player runs.
                    But the DontSpeedUp event on the release of the spacebar don't work, so now the player is always running :-) !
                    Any suggestion?

Comment

I think you also have to define the speed after spacebar is released. So OnRelease DontSpeedUp, and in console command --> setspeed 0.8 for example. But i'm not sure. You might want to make another thread for that.

Comment

Thanks again numb22, but I think I'm very lucky and this solution in kismet seems to work properly:

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1...ainsequenc.jpg

The onrelease event doesn't seem to work, so I just toggle a boolean variable everytime the spacebar is pressed, and the compare bool redirect to the correct velocity.
                        Still remain the problem of the "world" that speeds up with the slomo15, but I think it's ok anyway (and I hope it will be the last problem ...).
                        Now I need to know how to hide the default unreal menus and interface from the packed file (gametipe, maps, mutators....) cause I want my menu and simply interface, but for this problems I opened another thread in general discussion.

Comment

.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="causeevent SpeedUp | OnRelease DontSpeedUp")
                          You missed causeevent, the correct one is:

.Bindings=(Name="SpaceBar",Command="causeevent SpeedUp | OnRelease causeevent DontSpeedUp"

Comment

Working...
                          X