Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conveyor belt for static objects

Hi all,

I am trying to create an elevated conveyor belt that shuffles barrels and crates from one end to another. I could achieve this using Matinee but was interested in trying a new technique.

So I've placed a line of KActors along my conveyor belt and tried surrounding it with both a ForcedDirection Volume and a U****erVolume. Adjusting the Zone Velocity for the direction I want the objects to be pushed does not have any effect.

The player pawn reacts as expected but so far I've not been able to get objects working.

Any suggestions for volume settings or other techniques would be appreciated.

Thanks!

There must be some settings in either the volume or within the kActors to make this work. Try browsing through both their properties for anything that sounds relevant. Wish I knew exactly what to do, but I was having the same issue myself trying to get some crates to float in a water volume. I'm sure it can be done. Ideally your setup is better than doing it in matinee because it is more dynamic.

Comment

I don't know if it would help but did you check the check box "wake on level start" under KActor.

Comment

Thanks Kobaltic, I'm going to test that out today & let you know how it goes.

Comment

No luck with adjust "wake on level start". Also adjust a host of other settings that would seem to make sense without any change. Will go with a Matinee. For my purposes it will do the trick and I will need the objects on the conveyor to loop infinitely anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X