Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

I'm having two problems. The first is that when I play my map via right clicking and choosing "play from here" or playing through the build menu, I start with no health, weapon, or HUD at all. My second problem my be related to the first, but I set up a jump pad, added a PathNode, and built the entire map. However, when I run over the pad nothing happens at all. Are the problems related, or am I missing something in both instances?

Unless you have set it to use any special gametype with a custom HUD, PIE should show hud, weapons etc. So why that happens I do not know.

As for the second issue, You may have to have the jumppad slightly above ground.

Comment

Bump for the same issues. I see all these tutorial vids with people have guns and a hud when they play from the editor. I have just a basic crosshair and nothing else. I also am having the problem with the jumppad.

Question: How does everyone launch the editor? I bought Unreal3 on Steam, so I am running UnrealFrontend.exe and launching the editor from the button provided.

Comment

@ Highland - using FrontEnd is fine. I think it's a good habit to get in to since you'll use FrontEnd for other important stuff later on when you package your map.

You need to save your map with "DM-" before the name, which will clue Unreal that it's a Deathmatch map. e.g. MyMap.udk -> DM-MyMap.udk

Comment

Working...
        X