Environment Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Environment Maps

I need to create an Environment Map like in Material Example page but I have some problems with it:
    First I've put SceneCaptureReflectActor in my level and concerted it with TextureRenderTarged2D.
    Second I've created Texture sample (which I had made in the first step) in Material Editor, then connected that Texture sample UV's channel to vector transform and after that into Reflection Vector.
    In the end I've connected texture sample to diffuse channel, but I've got an error! What I have done wrong?

Can you post a screenshot of your material setup?

Comment

My material in material editor: http://img140.imageshack.us/f/capturewa.jpg/
      In Transform Vector is set Transform Source Type to TRANSFORMSOURCE_Tangent. Transform type set to TRANSFORM_World.

Comment

People I need help!

Comment

I don't use a vector transform. Try a component mask in its place. Also try replacing reflection vector with Screen Position and check the box that says screen align in the properties for Screen Position. I'm not sure if that is right... been a while since I've set this up... But that is how I remember doing it.

Comment

The problem is that the vector transform is outputting a float3 for the vector info, but the uv slot can only accept a float2 value. You could try putting a mask between the transform and the cubemap. Mask out the Red and Green values (X&Y vector info). That would fix it, but it would lose it's Z info, so it would look odd at vertical angles.

Not sure how you would fix that properly. I've always used a normal texture2d and set it up by doing this: http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Rende...reReflectActor (Dynamic Reflections).

You could try finding the dot product of the reflection vector and the camera position. Plug the DOT node (In the math list of nodes) into the uv's. That would give a more mirror like reflection that takes the players viewing angle into account instead of just the light reflection vector. I use that trick for mirrors and water and such.

What effect are you trying for, exactly? Just a reflective cube map?

Comment

Working...
            X