Streaming level... glitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming level... glitch?

Greetings all. I've been starting to learn about level streaming in UDK. Tonight I thought I had everything setup correctly, streaming two maps in on level load to a persistent level. For some reason when I would try to play the level, neither of the maps would be visible, and also there was no light showing from my dominant directional light. After some time of getting frustrated, I closed out of UDK for a little while.

When I opened it back up and reloaded my level, somehow it was all working correctly. Lights, maps and all. I'm glad its working now, but I was wandering if anyone else has run into an issue like this, or knows what might have happened.

I should note that I was doing this in the August release.

Don't know what might be causing it, but make sure your working in the correct "layer"/level (persistant level, stream level 1, stream level 2), and that their visibility is checked correctly.

I often make the mistake of accidently starting to add stuff to the persistant layer instead of the level I was intending to add it to.

Takes some time to get used to.

Comment

@TheDopefish

Visibility of streamed levels in game has nothing in common with visibility of these levels inside Editor.

Comment

Working...
      X