Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God rays/Light Beams on a muzzle flash

Hey all,

I have a simple muzzle flash with a standard muzzle flash light component extending from UDKExplosionLight.

The script is as follows:

Code:
    class SpireMuzzleFlashLight extends UDKExplosionLight;

defaultproperties
    {
    	//HighDetailFrameTime=+1
    	//HighDetailFrameTime=+5
    	Brightness=10
    	Radius=64
    	LightColor=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=255)
    	TimeShift=((StartTime=0.0,Radius=128,Brightness=8,LightColor=(R=240,G=240,B=255,A=255)),(StartTime=0.2,Radius=64,Brightness=10,LightColor=(R=176,G=176,B=239,A=255)),(StartTime=2,Radius=64,Brightness=10,LightColor=(R=45,G=45,B=239,A=255)))

LightAffectsClassification=LAC_DYNAMIC_AND_STATIC_AFFECTING

bRenderLightShafts=True
    	OcclusionDepthRange=20000
    	BloomScale=10
    	BloomThreshold=0
    	BloomScreenBlendThreshold=1
    	BloomTint=(R=255,G=255,B=255)
    	RadialBlurPercent=100
    	OcclusionMaskDarkness=0.5

bForceDynamicLight=true
            LightShadowMode=LightShadow_Normal

CastShadows=TRUE
    	    LightingChannels=(BSP=TRUE,Static=TRUE,Dynamic=TRUE,bInitialized=TRUE)
    }
    Although - this is not what I need help on...

I can only get the light beams to show when I move near a wall or a surface that has an emissive on it, but I want to have them show whenever the muzzle flash appears on screen - I have tried adding emissive parts to my particle effect (on the muzzle flash) but the light doesn't seem to be affected by it. Does anyone have any ideas???

Many thanks.

J

I'm pretty sure light shafts are only supposed to work on directional lights.

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
      Thanks dude - i've definately got them working using the UDKExplosionLight extension - i.e. when I fire the weapon, the light appears - I can see it on the walls around me and if I go right up to a wall and face it, I can see the light beams reflecting off the wall and - (as our weapon is a gauntlet of sorts) I can see the beams through the fingers of the gauntlet and it looks great. The problem is that I don't know how to get it to shine through without having to be near an emissive object or a wall

However - I'll look at the directional light as it may help me - thank you. If you have any other input/ideas, I would be greatful. BTW - what happened to the procedural lasers? I thought they were due in the October build?

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by ffejnosliw View Post
        I heard that in one of builds light shafts for point lights were added.

However i haven't tried it yet. To be honest i'm still working on April build, so i haven't tested light shafts at all

Comment

I've been using them on point lights to deliberately create these sorts of effects; you can attach point lights that don't actually cast any light (no channels) to objects where you're expecting a bright emissive, and the light shaft effect will pick up on those emissives from that light.

It's hacky, but can be used for various effects.

Comment

Working...
          X