• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    A way to fake it is to use Forces in the actor classes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So basically there is no way i can create a model that sits ontop of a material that looks like water, simulate the look of sinking. As long as the sinking effect looked right and could be affected by the proposed user actions?

If not, which appears the case, is there another engine that might be more suited?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Water acting like water, in something as large-scale as a ship simulation doesn't strike me as something that's technically feasible.

Also, I've never seen even that goo example video; Unreal 3 does not have any real fluid simulation suitable for something like water.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Google for "UDK PhysX" or just PhysX, maybe they have some tutorials for udk. Also I am not sure what you want achive (desired level of realizm). However you can see videos and see if what you want is possible.

I am quite sceptical if that water is doable, yet I have not seen fluid simulation in any unreal engine game, besides some goo example video 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Foating/sinking objects

Foating/sinking objects

Hey guys, I am trying to create a simulation of a ship sinking
    (Titanic). I have searched these forums and the web but to no define answer.

The idea is to have the ship(3Ds Max model) floating in a body of water, then to allow water into the hull (simulating the iceberg damage). From here the seacocks (taps that let water into/out of a ship) will be opened or closed to balance the ship during sinking.

I am a lot less concerned about, the look of the water as theres many tutorials on that, more with water actually acting like water.
Working...
X