Texturing problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texturing problem

I can't seem to be able to add any textures to my faces. I drag and drop from the content browser, but nothing happens. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

You can't apply textures to surfaces, you apply materials (:
    So make a material with the textures, then apply the material.

Comment

follow up

Sorry about the texture wording. I maen't to say that I can't place any materials on my surfaces. Could I be missing a program to use materials? I figured out how to convert textures to materials, but they still won't drag and drop. The one that I was able to drag and drop lost all it's graphics.

Comment

have you tried the default udk materials? materials are made of textures...also to see anything, you need lights in you level, then you need to build bsp/lighting

Comment

Also, keep in mind that planes will be single sided. So, if you're using a plane, you need to drop the material on the working face. You may need to rotate it so that the working side faces up. You can have your material show on both sides by checking the double sided box in the material properties.

Comment

select CSG surfce (in lit or unlit mode, and surface, not brush wireframe)

then in asset browser alt+double click your MATERIAL

Comment

...are they showing up only in editor? only in game?
              if so, save your package first..

Comment

Working...
              X