Controling Bots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi Mate, thanks for the pointers, the bots are behaving themselves much better now thanks to your advise, leaving the triggers as Pawn and creating a trigger exception UTBot works well not just on the voice over triggers but on the doors as well, which was annoying me having doors sound off all the time.

Still having issues with the team side of things though, don't want any bot help on this little sound mission, not matter what game type I try or team setting on each team player start I use I still get a bot helping me out in the first sector, any ideas?

Thanks again chap.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks bro, ill test these things out and see how I get on. Much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    in kismet
    new event using trigger > touch

in the properties of the node that this creates
    touch types > class proximity types
    it will probably say Pawn
    change this to whatever class you want to use the trigger

theres something in the game type script about leveling the teams
    cant remember what it was

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brilliant mate, I had a little play with it before your reply, tried a capture the flag match and I found the team player start actor but its strange, now I have a bot buddy on my team? I don't need this bot? Weird. Ill try your game type and could you go into a bit more detail about pawn trigger classes, as I don't want them going through or triggering doors or my voice over triggers?
    Big help chap, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Brilliant mate, I had a little play with it before your reply, tried a capture the flag match and I found the team player start actor but its strange, now I have a bot buddy on my team? I don't need this bot? Weird. Ill try your game type and could you go into a bit more detail about pawn trigger classes, as I don't want them going through or triggering doors or my voice over triggers?
    Big help chap, thank you!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    spawn the bots with something other than a playerstart, epic added some irritating and elusive code that spawns bots on every playerstart for some crazy reason.
    extend from utteamgame and set the bots to team 1.
    dno why the weapons dont work.
    you can set the class that the trigger works with, have your bots and your player using different pawn classes.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Controling Bots

Controling Bots

Hello Everyone, Can anyone help me control the pesky bots in my level?

I have a small demo level with 4 rooms sectioned off with corridors and doors at either end.

Want I want to do is spawn all the bots at the beginning of my level in each room with weapons, and once I have killed them I want the to stay dead and stop spawning in the other "player starts" in the other rooms I also want them to be in teams as there are more than one bot in each room I want the to attack me instead of a free for all.

I am using kismet to load the bots by using the level loaded event and the actor factory. I followed this guys tutorial on you tube, but it only sort of worked for me, ie. no starting weapons even though i selected default inventory for the bots in the actor factory in kismet?
    I have also selected Controllerclass:UTBot & PawnClass:UTPawn

I also want these bots to stop triggering my radio voice overs in the rooms which I have set up kinda crudely admittedly in kismet using touch triggers.

Can anyone out there help me with any of the above?

Thanks in advance people!
Working...
X