Help! The "open" Console command doesn't work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! The "open" Console command doesn't work

So, I was following a few tutorials, namely the 3D Buzz ones, which are really awesome, and ran into a problem I can't make some sequences or my menus without this command.

So basically, when I type in the console "open UTFrontend" it outputs:

"Command not recognized"

I really don't know what the problem is, I thought it was my level, but it doesn't work on the example ones either. Any ideas, tips, answers ?

Thanks in advance

Do you have a map by the name of UTFrontend?

Comment

The newer versions seem to not use this command... anyone else having this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Graylord View Post
        Do you have a map by the name of UTFrontend?
        Yes I do... And If they don't use it anymore, is there a replacement/alternative to it ?

Comment

I didn't test myself but you just try MAP and START. According to UDN:
          • OPEN [url] - tells the engine to open a map by the name of the string that comes immediately after, including any additional URL Parameters (via command-line arguments); uses TRAVEL_Partial
          • START [url] - similar to OPEN, difference is it does a TRAVEL_Absolute instead of TRAVEL_Partial.
          • MAP - alias for START

Although there is a little difference between them but in most cases they are the same.

Comment

Just a heads-up, the 'open'-command doesn't work when playing from the editor!

Comment

Originally posted by mktwo View Post
              Just a heads-up, the 'open'-command doesn't work when playing from the editor!
              I'll test that when I get home...
              Thanks for the tips, guys...

Comment

I know it doesn't work for the editor. What I've seen is that it doesn't work after the student compiles and packages the game. Is there another transition method that's more reliable? Other than streaming everything...

Comment

Working...
                X