Terragen 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terragen 2

Hi, Has anybody any experience in importing terrains from Terragen2 Deep Edition? Thanks, P

Can it export 16-bit image files (heightfields)? If it does get something to convert to G16 .bmp for importing into Unreal Editor.

Comment

I don't use Terragen, but if it can export 16bit greyscale heightmaps, you can use HMCS to convert it in to the G16 file format that UDK uses.

Comment

Try using L3DT, it is a terrain editor that makes, a heightmap, normalmap, texturemap etcetc. You can export the heightmap to an Unreal G16. or whatever.

Comment

hey i had a go with L3DT, looks good but i cant seem to import the terrain into udk
          any info or tuts about?

Comment

In L3DT go to file/export map layer. Choose the heightfield, file format, G16 BMP (unreal). Resize if necessary. Open UDK, create a new terrain, and in the terraineditor choose import heightmap. That should do the trick. But it,s very high poly, it's better to export a heightmap, and use it in 3ds max as an displacement map for a plane, that way you can tweak the settings like the segments, height etcetc
            Here is a terrain I made, this is a mesh, not a terrain, small version in the middle :-)

Comment

brilliant! thank you pboost
              think ill try the 3ds max way, will be easier to tweak indeed

Comment

Working...
              X