Making a fractured static mesh invicible to player's weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making a fractured static mesh invicible to player's weapons

Hey again, second post in the evening (and frist two posts actually !), sorry

Anyway, I've been trying to figure out a way to make my fractured static invincible to player's weapons. I want that fractured mesh to be destroyed only on an event, using a radial impulse actor placed next to it. But I don't want the player shooting at it before having triggered the explosion !

I've tried many things : placing a single event "take damage" with dama explusion for all weapon type (but linked to nothing...I don't know how I can use this...), I've tried modifyng the properties of the object in order to raise up the damage threshold to match that of the radial impusle actor only, I've enven placed a blocking volume set to "block all" or "block all weapons", but my link gun shots still destroy it !

Anyone has an idea on that, would be very helpful !

Thank you

I only have a vague idea on how to do it but this topic might help you, it's not mine but someone else has asked a similar question before. Gotta love the forums!

Comment

Hey ! So...What topic is this?

Comment

Lol I forgot to include it, sorry it was late at night, it is now aswell
        http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=748638
        I think that's it sorry for the inconvenience
        Hope this helps a bit
        Team13

Comment

This may sound silly, but have you tried setting the collision to the fractured mesh to BLOCKONLYWEAPONS or something like that. I know there are around 10 different collision types, one of them must include something along those lines.

Comment

Thanks Team13, the Radial impusle is actually what I've used to destroy that door but nothing prevents me from destroying it prior to my scripted sequence, by just shooting at it, which is not good !

And Weveran, yes I did try to pass the collision to "block all but weapon". I even tried "block all", and also, I tried placing a blocking volume in "block all" around the door, which I intended to destroy at the end of the my matinee sequence. But my shots totally go though the blocking volume ! Which looks like a bug in my opinion...basically I've tried everything I knew about collisions, and nothing seems to work. Way strange.

Comment

You could have a normal SM there until your scripted event, then destroy they SM, and replace with your Fractured mesh.

Comment

So you tried setting the damage threshold to like 100000 and setting your radial impulse to 200000? That's weird if the link gun still destroys it then.
                I tried placing a blocking volume in "block all" around the door, which I intended to destroy at the end of the my matinee sequence. But my shots totally go though the blocking volume !
                Do this, but using an invisible/out-of-view interpactor instead that has collision blockall, then move it out of the way. Actually will the impulse go through collision? If so, you might only need an invisible static mesh collision there and no need to move it.

Comment

Working...
                X