Deactivating a trigger set to 0 after an event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    It does work when toggling off the event ! Thank you for the trick. ANd thanks to all, now I know how and why to use a Gate box, for future situations !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A Gate would probably do the trick, but did you try toggling the event instead of toggling the variable pointing to the Trigger? You can drag a connection from the Event variable link of the Toggle right onto the event. I can't guarantee it will work, but worth a try I think.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I tend to use the Integer variable instead of Booleans, it can do the same things and then some. Plus I'm sure there's something wrong with the Bools, they aren't working for me how they are supposed to, so I switched to Ints.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How about using a Gate (G + right click in Kismet) ?

gosh, I always feel like I can make anything happen in kismet, but can never explain it for ****. :P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply, but I thought that the bool I have is enough : I just placed a "toggle i nput" box at the end of the line, but it doesn't deactivate the trigger. It's like this : trigger used - compare bool - true : toggle input = turn off, target being the said trigger.

But after that, I can still use it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    id just use another bool for it

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Deactivating a trigger set to 0 after an event

Deactivating a trigger set to 0 after an event

Hey guys ,

In one of my rooms the player must use a trigger to retrieve an object, and then bring that object in another area. In that area, I set up a boolean check : if the player tries to use the trigger without having used the other trigger before, a UIscene will show, telling him to get the object before. When the player has it, the "true" link of the boolean check is fired up, and another set of event starts. THe problem is : I wanted to make that trigger unusable once the set of event of the "true" link of the boolean box was fire, for that I placed a toggle - turn off and plugged the variable of the trigger on the target node, at the end of my sequence. But it doesn't work : once the events have been fired, a message "kismet actor trigger 3 has to reference" appears, and I can still use my trigger !

Can anyone please tell me how to effectively deactivate a trigger, even when its max trigger count is set to 0 ? (I have to do this like it, a player must be able to toggle it whenever he want, as long as he doesn't have the required inventory)

Thank you !
Working...
X