Coverlink Nodes - Where do I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coverlink Nodes - Where do I start?

O.K. So I'm in a game design program and today I've been shown coverlink nodes, but my teacher has never used them before, so I'm in uncharted territory. I'm relatively new to the whole level building process, but I can still make the map and put everything inside it and make bots kill each other.

Basically, I see this as a way to make my map stand out from the rest of the class in one way.

I'm just unsure of how to get them working for my basic barrier static mesh. Anyone know how to get Coverlink nodes working? Any tutorials I could get pointed to? Anything you can do to help would be fantastic, thanks.

From what I've heard is that cover link nodes are just left over from GOW and the only way to use them is create a custom pawn class (character) and imput code in that. I think there is a topic somewhere on these forums about it.
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's the general "Jist" of it. Hope that answered your question, unfortunatly only partly solved it

Comment

Epic really should have included the code for cover instead of leaving it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Snufkin View Post
        Epic really should have included the code for cover instead of leaving it out.
        I'm glad they included the option, UDK isn't meant to be a play and go system. It's a engine that promotes creativity and includes a few skeletal meshes etc to show how things are structured so you can build on that and eventually create your own game/levels with custom material.

Comment

Working...
        X