• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks, I already found them .
    I´ll try what you say and I´ll try to make some small map as a first

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you got UT3 from DVD not steam (i am not sure if steam version has editor).

Run ut3 editor (it is in same folder as ut3 game, and should have shortcut in start menu, or just look in ut3 game shortcut and find that folder).

Maps for ut3 are not located in documents (or user in win 7), they are located in ut3 game folder, and worse they are split into 2 places. Best if you use windows find function on ut folder and look for map files.

Yes folder structure of ut3 is teribad.

It that is above your windows skills, just download some good map from ut3 forum unpack it and lurk. You are getting into udk with right mindset imo. learn from best (ie. from their maps). I also suggest that you make small DM map for ut3 first, then ask for opinions on it and master all stages of creating map there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And how can I open them, I was trying to find them in the folder where the game is instaled bud I didn´t find then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure they can be opened with that one. How else could the UT3 mapping community work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want to ask just for something else. Can the UT3 maps be opened in UT3 game editor? I mean the ET3Ed not UDK.
    I just want to see how is it createt there to learn more things about levels etc.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK. I know what does it loks like, but this is not what I wanted. This is a little big misunderstanding. I just thought, that the UT3 and UDK content is conected. But maybe not. Well, never mind.
    And one last thing. I would never do such a dirty thing like steal someone´s game content. Almost everything I already know about UDK is because there are few maps, where everyone who use it can learn from these maps and assets.
    So, I am sory and I thank to everyone who helped me on this site with everything I wanted know.
    I hope it is already explayned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can not use content from other people's games in your own games, without their express permission. Don't bother trying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ThePriest909 View Post
    You can't, plus I'd also like to add that doing so isn't legal so...
    This .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is bad
    And what about Unreal Tournament ? I have tried open the maps in the UDK but it does not work and I don´t want to use UT3 game editor because it is not the same as UDK.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You can't, plus I'd also like to add that doing so isn't legal so...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No there is no easy way. You can import assets from gow, but not map. There was discussion about how to do that and some solutions, so use searh on forum.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Gears of War to UDK

Gears of War to UDK

Is there some way how to open the Gears of War (PC version) levels in UDK and import all the assets to UDK content browser?
Working...
X