Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I finish my game and close UDK safely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I finish my game and close UDK safely?

To every one in this forum

How do you do?

When I finish game, I use Console Command node with command “open UTFrontend” in Kismet.

When I used UDK on 32 bit computer with Window vista, I did not have any trouble with it. I could successfully end my game with it, and then UDK is closed safely.

However, now I am using UDK August-2010 version on 64 bit computer with window 7, and I have a trouble.

When Console Command node with command “open UTFrontend” in Kismet is executed, my game ends and then UDK initial screen is shown, but suddenly UDK.exe is stopped.

This means that UDK initial screen is not closed.

I wonder why Console Command node with command “open UTFrontend” in Kismet is not working.

Is this my own problem or other people also have this problem?

If there is other way that I can finish my game and close UDK safely, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours.

From akd23x

Why don't you just use exit?

Comment

To darthviper107

Thank you for your reply.

I think that I did not describe my problem clearly last time.

If I use Console Command node with command "exit', I can terminate my game and UDK together.

However, I can not use menu screen again to select other game. I have to execute UDK again to use menu screen.

Today, I re-installed UDK Sep 2010 version again, but I have same problem.

While I am playing my game, I press ESC key to stop it temporarily. Then I have two options: resume and exit.

If I select “resume”, I can resume my game. I do not have any problem with it.

However, if I select “exit”, menu screen is shown and then UDK.exe stops.

I also tried old version of UDK (= Nov 2009 version) on Window 7 64 bit computer. I had same problem.

However, when I executed my game with this old version of UDK on Window vista 32 bit computer, I did not have any trouble.

I could terminate my game and use menu screen again with Console Command node with command “open UTFrontend” on Window vista 32 bit computer.

Is it true or not that Console Command node with command “open UTFrontend” works on window vista 32 bit computer, but it does not work on window 7 64 bit computer?

Any comments are appreciated.

Sincerely yours

From akd23x

Comment

I put my player to the main menu using a QuitToMainmenu function. Works fine on Windows 7 64 bit.

Were you running the exact same content on both computers? If you install a fresh installation of UDK and play the UT demo, are you able to quit back to the main menu?

Comment

Try "Open UDKFrontEndMap" I believe

Comment

How to go back to a custom mainmenu.udk instead of the default udk menu when Esc from game (before completing a level) ?

Tom

Comment

Working...
            X