Help request: Invisible barrier appeared in level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help request: Invisible barrier appeared in level

Right now, I'm in the process of making a simple map (small tower in the center, a piece of terrain, and some trees and fog) and run into a sort of hiccup. There is a large, invisible (both in-game and in the UDK editor) block of sorts in there. I have no idea how it got there, and it doesn't appear in the scene list.

I've rebuilt my level several times, so it's not like it's something that was leftover that I've deleted. Any idea on how I can find this thing?

Let me know if I should post more information.

Thanks in advance,
    Noktryn.

This might be a collision issue with a larger mesh on your map. Do you have any large rocks or other items in that vicinity? Check under and over the area as well.

Comment

Do you have some ugly complex BSP in the map or are your brushes off the grid?

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/Legacy:BSP_Hole

Comment

There shouldn't be a block in the editor your camera should be able to go through anything except the boundaries which you can't remove.

Comment

Originally posted by pulse0o0 View Post
          There shouldn't be a block in the editor your camera should be able to go through anything except the boundaries which you can't remove.
          Yes... that's why he's asking for help

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
            Yes... that's why he's asking for help
            Well in which case I would open up a new scene and see if it is there if it is still there I wouldn't know what else to do but reinstall the main files cause I haven't seen this problem on the forums before besides the boundaries.

Comment

Definitely not conflicting collision from a static mesh... because I haven't added any yet. :P

Sounds like I've got a BSP hole (thanks for that link, Crusha). I suppose I used an incorrect method the first time I created the tower in the center of my map.

The first time I made a 12 sided, hollow cylinder and then used geometry mode to add a opening to each side. This method caused the invisible block.

The second time I made the cylinder normally and then subtracted BSP blocks to make doors. No invisible blocks this time.

It just seems strange that either I didn't notice the BSP hole at first or that it appeared later.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
              X