Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to work with a Trigger "Used"

Hi all,
    I'm quite new to Kismet and today I was trying to figure out how to open and close a door with the same trigger actor by pressing 'E' on the keyboard (press once to open; press twice to close).

The animation made in Matinee seems to be fine (the open/close animation by using the touch function of the trigger works perfectly) but I cannot find a way to close the door once I opened it.
    I supposed I should use a Toggle Action in Kismet but I don't get how.

Could someone help me please?

P.S.
    Here is a picture of the sequence that gave me an error message once I opened the door.

The error says: : "Kismet Warning: Obj Main_Sequence has no handler for SeqAct_Toggle_4"

Lol, no comment... XD I just did it! Ahahahahah I didn't realized that was possible to add links in the Switch Action.

Maybe it will be useful for some of you too, so this is the screen of the Kismet script.

The switch settings are visible since it's important to activate "looping". If you don't do that, the animation will work just once to open/close, even if the Trigger value "Max Trigger Count" is set on 0.

The next step will be to make this action more realistic, since now it's possible to open/close the door from a too big (in my opinion) distance, and put an animated handle too.

Comment

Edit... post too late.. but anyway..

You should use a Switch with 2 links and enable Looping and connect with 1 going to Play and 2 going to Reverse. Also make sure your trigger is set to Max Trigger Count = 0 so it can be used infinitely and maybe also set the Re-Trigger Delay about the length of your Matinee so you can't close the door immediately or open it immediately. But that's more your choice, if you want that or not.

Comment

Originally posted by obihb View Post
        Edit... post too late.. but anyway..

You should use a Switch with 2 links and enable Looping and connect with 1 going to Play and 2 going to Reverse. Also make sure your trigger is set to Max Trigger Count = 0 so it can be used infinitely and maybe also set the Re-Trigger Delay about the length of your Matinee so you can't close the door immediately or open it immediately. But that's more your choice, if you want that or not.
        Thank you anyway!

Comment

This kismet network is ultra simple, tried to do more coplex network. For exaple tried to create toggle light who toggle material and if you shoot to lemp light goes out end nether can be on again.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegen View Post
            This kismet network is ultra simple, tried to do more coplex network. For exaple tried to create toggle light who toggle material and if you shoot to lemp light goes out end nether can be on again.
            I know, but I don't need that kind of things at the moment.
            Now I'd need to know if it's possible to use a mesh as trigger, and I have to learn also to make an animation and a text show up. But now I'm going to make a new building first, to use what I just learned.

Comment

Working...
            X