Lighting with no Lights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting with no Lights?

Somewhere in my level is an asset that is somehow lighting up my entire world. Does anybody know what would cause there to be lighting in a level which doesn't have any lights in it whatsoever except for a lightmass importance volume?

I'm trying to get my world to actually go as black as possible, but it's as if there is an ambient light in the world which is making it quite bright when lighting is ran and it's pretty much global across the entire stage.

I have a skydome using emissive materials but that does not appear to be the cause as I get the same results even after deleting it and rerunning lighting. I've tried placing many of the objects in my world into a new world and I get pure blackness when running lighting but it's hard to pinpoint when I currently have hundreds of placed objects.

My goal is a day/night cycle but I can't get my world dark enough to simulate nighttime. I do want a low level of light, but what I have right now is a very high level.

To reiterate, I have deleted every light in the world but I'm still seeing it lit up.

Got a screen shot? It could be a number of things, Environment Color in World Properties, a static mesh set to emissive, etc.

Comment

Here's a screenie. I've checked all over the place for an emissive material and not found any. Is there a way to set a staticmesh to emissive? I believe my world properties settings are at default, but it's hard to tell anymore.

Comment

Show the lightmass settings. Also, what lights do you have? Try using the search tool to find any lights.

Comment

Try use Find Actors in Edit-> Find Actor
          like "light" Sky Light? Maybe Sky Static Mesh Emmisive Light i on as Xendance wrote

EDITED*

O, Xendance wrote faster i use google translate for hrlp

Comment

Another interesting (strange) note is that my interpactors all have dynamic shadows on them. The shadow direction of these objects is very weird. Depending on where they are in the world, they cast at different angles. All of them appear to be casting based off this source, because clustering them gives the same result, but simply shifting them about the world seems to change where the source is located and oriented.

Comment

Maybe point light is on map somewhere. I don't remember whether the Sky Light casts shadows.

Comment

I'm testing if it's fixed now, but the environment color got adjusted to a blue hue, which seems right given the results. New maps show this to be black so I'm pretty sure the problem's solved.

I still don't get why I have dynamic shadows with no lights. Though if I acheive total black then this won't matter I suppose.

I did search lights and the only thing that shows up is the lightmass importance volume.

Comment

Ok now I feel stupid, problem solved. Thanks guys. It was the environment color, which I somehow overlooked.

Comment

I have another problem I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

I'm recreating the day/night cycle from these forums and all I'm using is a dominantdirectional and a skylight and in the editor and matinee, I get a nice transition of light brightness and color. But when I test it in game, only the interpactors change their lighting and all of the static objects just stay exactly the same. They do get the direct light and shadows, but the ambient values don't change on them at all. It's completely different from previewing in the editor and testing in the viewport.

Does anybody know what's wrong? I can make a video of the problem but it's going to take a good while to process it.

Comment

That is one pretty house!

Comment

Thanks, there's a bunch of sample images at www.ratsgame.com if you'd like to see more. Just click the main image for the gallery.

I still can't figure out why there's such a drastic difference between the editor preview and the ingame lighting.

Comment

Working...
                        X