bots and vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    And, screenshots would still be helpful too. (With SHOT tags)

We have no idea what you're doing if we don't have any technical clues such as your error messages/log files or pictures of what you're doing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Swear to god, no one listens!!!!

What are the errors your getting in the editor Demonicloud?

You should have an event where they spot the player. Then on that event you should change there pathing to go in the players direction or make the bots smarter.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i set it up in teh actor factory to spawn the vehicle instead of a robot mesh and have vehicle ai set to the vehicle i uses (i.e. the scorpion) and whenever they spawn they just fire blindly in front of them when the player gets near them, but never chase the player

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Wyldhunt View Post
    Heh. Yeah, but if I had a penny for every time someone tried 30 different ways of setting something up and forgot something basic like AllPlayers vs singleplayer... Riches to block out the sky. Hence the wanting screen shots.
    OFFTOPIC: So i was sitting in a restaurant with Dave Arenson, the Co-Creator of DnD and we start talking about game design. We get so cought up in the conversation that when we left, we left the keys at the table. So we go back in and he turns to me and says "Our biggest curse is that while we create worlds, systems and ingeuis new ways to render water, we will forget to save, forget our keys and forget how to say hello world".

Funny story. I always called it "Past the point of genuis" but anyways back to the subject at hand...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by shade View Post
    DemoniCloud "but no matter how i set it up in kismet i keep getting errors"
    Wyldhunt "How have you tried setting it up in Kismet?"

hehe, i'm keeping this next time someone tells me to "go read gameinfo"
    Heh. Yeah, but if I had a penny for every time someone tried 30 different ways of setting something up and forgot something basic like AllPlayers vs singleplayer... Riches to block out the sky. Hence the wanting screen shots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DemoniCloud "but no matter how i set it up in kismet i keep getting errors"
    Wyldhunt "How have you tried setting it up in Kismet?"

hehe, i'm keeping this next time someone tells me to "go read gameinfo"

Ok Demonicloud first, what errors are you getting in Kismet?

2nd, have you tried pathing the bots to the area you want them?

Also please describe exactly how you want the scene to play out. If you just want bots and vehicals to spawn, you can pretty much do that through consol commands on events you make. Sure its the duct tape way, but unless i understand what your wanting can't help ya more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What are the errors that you're getting?
    How have you tried setting it up in Kismet? (Screenshots with SHOT tags would be nice)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic bots and vehicles

bots and vehicles

the way that i want the level to go i need a few bot enemy vehicles to spawn, but no matter how i set it up in kismet i keep getting errors and at times the bots just fire to the area in front of them, they never chase the player or anything like that. im using all stock assets on that level as a means to make a portfolio and also practice for later projects.
Working...
X