Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UDK terrian light build goes pitch black !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK terrian light build goes pitch black !

hi guys !
    i have a problem here with my terrain build. when i build the light using lightmass , the terrain goes black and the fluid surface doesnt have any texture.
    but when i run without lightmass , the terrain renders fine but the water still doesnt have any texture on it. by the way the material i am using for the fluid is a water material included isnside udk combined with a textureRenderTargetCube . so any suggestions?

ok i have discovered the error causing this : the sky dome i placed gives this error at lightmass build : Actor has bAcceptLights set but only accepts unlit materials.when i remove the dome though , the terrain renders with the terrain material on "patches".the material isnt continues , it now renders only on some patches of the terrain and the rest are blank.any help?

Comment

You probably need to re-cache your terrain shaders.
      In the Terrain Edit window, close to the top right corner, you will see a small button with a red RM on it. Click that. It'll reset your shaders for you.

Comment

will try and report the results.

Comment

ok but what is that error i get with the sky dome?

Comment

ok but what about the error i get with the sky dome?

Comment

You have set your Skybox Material to unlit whats ok so far. Simple select your Skybox and hit f4 then search for something like accept lights, uncheck it and the error should no longer occur.

Comment

In fact, clear all of the boxes that have anything to do with accepting static/dynamic lights or casting static/dynamic shadows.
                What's happening is that your skydome is casting a giant shadow on your world.

Comment

thanks will do.

Comment

Working...
                  X