Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matinee: Smooth between last and first key?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matinee: Smooth between last and first key?

I have a camera that is floating around a room in a circle. What I can't figure out is how to get it to smoothly go from the last point back to the first point. I've tried manipulating the curves so the velocity is as similar as possible, but there still a slight jump in speed. Is there some automatic way to get the velocity of the two keys to match? It'd be nice if there were a way to instance keys so that position/rotation/velocity was always constant between them.

make the animation continue beyond your cutting point, Like for me I had 4 keys for a camera rotating around an object, so basically the first and last keys are the same, then you copy the second key and place it after the last key, and then copy the 3rd key and place it before the first key.

Comment

Set the curve in matinee to be linear so it has a constant speed at all times. Make sure the first and last key are also 100% identical.

If it is just a circle, it is easier if you just use Physics Rotating though, no need for matinee.

Comment

Okay, so no automatic way. Good to know. Be nice if there were. Out of curiosity how open to user suggestion is Epic? Some software companies freely accept ideas from the community ie Chaos Group. Then you have companies like Autodesk which basically gives the finger to any idea you might have. Just curious where Epic falls in that range.

So in the end I actually combined your two ideas. I made two new keyframes near the beginning and end. Then I just manually calculated their values to have a constant velocity. Once I had that it was much easier to edit the curve on the next point once I had reference.

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
        X