Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Water and changing Gravity?

Hello guys :]

I was wondering, how to make set water and gravity (for separate purposes!) volumes as dynamic/movers? From volumes, we have dynamic block, physics and trigger.

I tried tweaking some options to set a physics volume behaving like a water one, but didn't worked. The reason is that Matinee could animate it, although it can't do it with normal water.

As for gravity, is there a way to set the player hooked to whatever volume is used? I mean, if I place a gravity volume in the ceiling, is it possible for the player to stay in that volume, but upside down (walking on the ceiling) and as as soon as he leaves, normal gravity would put him down again.

Thanks in advance :]

All of this needs to be done with script but I can't help you there just letting you know I am imagining you want the gravity effect like in Shattered Horizon right? Well then yes that definitely needs to be scripted.

Comment

I'd like to make water volume moveable, like raising water level or making a water cube moving from here to there, something like some levels in Mario Galaxy 2.

Speaking of Mario, there are some levels in this same game that, when gravity changes, it pulls you to the ceiling or back to the ground.

I'm wondering how to implement these things and if Kismet can help with it, using volumes.

Comment

No, it takes a lot of hardcore programming.

Comment

Thanks for replying! I've been studying some Kismet for a while, but scripting is whole different. Although liking changing some lines here and there, I'm not exactly INTO coding... Though I do now I'll need to get into it.

Comment

Working...
          X